Looking forward to ABC's new series PAN AM

I don't usually get this excited about new shows airing, but i sure am this Fall! From the previews, it looks like ABC's new series PAN AM is going to be spectacular! As a long time collector of vintage clothing, accessories, and home decor; I really look forward to seeing what the wardrobe and set decorators do. I'm sure the story lines and characters will be great too. Christina Ricci - fabulous!


I'm a big fan of the show Mad Men and the genius behind the writers, wardrobe, and designers. I often have to watch episodes twice. The first time paying close attention to what the cast is wearing and scanning the backgrounds for those neat vintage items. A lot of which i actually own! "oh my gosh, we have that exact lamp! we have that red rocking horse named Rudy! we have those same drinking glasses in the cabinet! I have the same pin Joan is wearing!"...tooo fun! The second time I watch, I actually pay attention to the story.

I'm sure it's going to be the same for PAN AM. 1963 was such a great year for fashion. It's one of my favorite eras (although it was long before i was ever born). Everyone dressed with such class and was so put together. People actually dressed up to travel, and even to go to the market! Can you imagine people doing that these days? I mean, some people still do, but it's few and far between. Do you know how many people i see shopping at walmart in their pajamas??! It's more than 5 I'll tell you that!...*GASP* that would have never happened in the 60s.

Anyone who knows me, knows that i collect vintage luggage. And although i have quite a large collection, I do not own a blue PAN AM carry on bag. I know, I can't believe it either! Somebody send me one! I predict that the already hefty prices of these travel bags will go up quite a bit after the show premier. Better get one now!

I'm super glad this show is on network television and i don't have to be a cable subscriber to watch it! yay! Sooooo September 25th, I will be waiting for you with great anticipation!

jules @ WTG

Comments